Wayne Gretzky became the NHLs all-time goal scoring leader on March 23, 1994 when he scored his 802nd career goal for the Los An

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 26.03.2018 05:18

Wayne Gretzky became the NHLs all-time goal scoring leader on March 23, 1994 when he scored his 802nd career goal for the Los Angeles Kings against the Vancouver Canucks. Ryan Kalil Jersey . With the 20th anniversary of that record-breaking night coming up, Gretzky sat down with Ray Ferraro on the NHL on TSN to discuss his memories of the event and talk about how he is enjoying his life nowadays at the age of 53. Ferraro asked Gretzky how he remembered the goal that broke Gordie Howes record, and the former King gave credit to long-time teammate Marty McSorley. "Marty was a little bit better of a player then people really give him credit for - he had pretty good vision," explained Gretzky. "Marty was a pretty good playmaker and I was probably in more shock than anybody that that puck ended up on my stick. He made such a good play that he basically took a defenceman and the goaltender out of the play to ultimately leave me the empty net. "So he made the whole goal happen and I just happened to be in the right spot." The fanfare that followed goal number 802 was a special moment, even among the many NHL records that Gretzky broke during his stellar career. "I really savoured the moment, I really took it all in - as far as my family being there and my friends being there," said Gretzky. "It was an historic day for me, it was a nice event. "As a child everybody knows Gordie was my idol and I was fortunate enough to be friends with Gordie and to have that opportunity to break his record...obviously I played with a lot of great players." Switching from the past to the present, Ferraro asked Gretzky if the competitive fire that drove him through his hockey life still burns the same way today. "Im really not competitive now," answered Gretzky. "When I play golf with friends or family I just enjoy playing. I always felt like my whole life and everything I have in my life is because of hockey and I gave every ounce and all my energy to being the best I could be. I was very competitive when I played, and for that matter very competitive when I ran Team Canada and then the involvement with the Coyotes. "But to me now, that winning is sort of behind me now. My life is more of...okay, Im going to enjoy my life, enjoy my friends, enjoy my family, and if I have a good round of golf Im happy and if I have a bad round of golf Im thrilled." Ferraro took the opportunity to ask Gretzky if he would one day entertain a return to a job in the National Hockey League. "Listen, never is a long time but right now Im really enjoying my life what Im doing," explained Gretzky. "The stress and pressure of having to win and compete every night, its sort of, Im enjoying being a fan. I love the game, I love the players that are in the game today, I enjoy it, I sit back, I enjoy going to games here and there. "Right now I dont know. If something wonderful came along obviously Id be all ears, but at this point in time Im just a fan." Derek Anderson Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell. Taylor Moton Jersey .com) - Charlie Davies netted a pair of goals, including the series-winner on Saturday, as the New England Revolution battled the New York Red Bulls to a 2-2 draw in the second leg of the Eastern Conference Championship at Gillette Stadium and advanced to MLS Cup final via a thrilling 4-3 aggregate victory. http://www.thepanthersofficialstore.com/customized/ . What they did need, the Devils got from Patrik Elias. Elias scored a power-play goal 40 seconds into overtime to give the New Jersey Devils a 3-2 victory over the Dallas Stars.The Oklahoma City Thunder and Memphis Grizzlies will renew their postseason rivalry Saturday night when the two squads meet at Chesapeake Energy Arena. Catch the game on TSN2 starting at 9:30pm et/6:30pm pt. For the third time in four seasons, the Thunder will face the Grizzlies in the playoffs. OKC dispatched the Grizz in the second round following the 2010-11 season, but Memphis evened the score one year ago. The Grizzlies eliminated the Thunder in the Western Conference semifinals last season. Granted, Oklahoma City was without the services of All-Star guard Russell Westbrook, but this seasons first-round battle will be the rubber match. "Its going to be a tough but fun series," OKC star Kevin Durant said. "We have a lot of history with these guys. Were looking forward to getting the opportunity to play for a championship." Durant will be the leagues MVP and carried a heavy load. Westbrook missed time with a knee injury and veteran starters Thabo Sefolosha and Kendrick Perkins both were shelved late in the season with various ailments. "Guys had to step up and I think we did a good job of fighting through it all," Durant said. "That shows the type of organization, the type of coaching staff and team that we have. Its been a fun season and up and down like any other season." Memphis overcame a hideous start to make the postseason once again. Injuries hit the Grizzlies hard as well. They were without All-Defensive guard Tony Allen for a long stretch, but the main setback occurred when they lost All- Star center Marc Gasol with a left knee problem. Once the reiggning Defensive Player of the Year returned to the lineup, the Grizzlies clicked. James Bradberry Jersey. . The Grizzlies went 33-13 in games Gasol played after the injury. The heart of the Grizz rests in their big-man combo of Gasol, who averaged 14.6 ppg, 7.2 rpg and 1.88 blocks, and Zach Randolph, who continued to be a double-double machine. He posted marks of 17.4 points and 10.1 rebounds while tying for the fourth-most double-doubles in the league. However, the real star that emerged this season was point guard Mike Conley. He averaged 17.2 ppg and 6.0 apg all the while playing stellar defense, the hallmark of the Grizzlies. It all finally came together for Memphis over the final two games of the season. The Grizzlies road victory over the Phoenix Suns in the penultimate game earned them a playoff berth. Their win over the Dallas Mavericks in the finale got them the seventh seed. "Getting 50 wins is something you want on your resume as a player, and people remember those. Those are special seasons. Its a standard, a golden standard I think," Grizzlies head coach Dave Joerger said. It will be a classic offense versus defense matchup. The Thunder were the fifth-best offensive team this season, while the Grizzlies ranked third in opponents scoring. Flip the script and the advantage swings to Oklahoma City. The Thunder finished a respectable 12th in defensive scoring and an impressive third in opponents field-goal percentage. Memphis ranked 27th in scoring The Thunder won three of four regular-season meetings against the Grizzlies. OKC is 7-4 all-time versus Memphis in regular-season games in Oklahoma City. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys 2019 China Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

NEW YORK, N. [url=http://www.chelseasoccerjerseysonline.com/womens-alvaro-morata-chel sea-jersey/]Alvaro Morata Jersey[/url] .Y.
Rachel Homans champion curling rink will have a different look next season. [url=http://www.barcelonasoccerpro.com/Authentic-Xav

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz