Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk would like to see Bryan Murray raise the Stanley Cup as the clubs general manager. [url=http

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 05.07.2018 08:39

Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk would like to see Bryan Murray raise the Stanley Cup as the clubs general manager. Trent Alexander-Arnold England Jersey . After extending Murrays contract through the 2015-16 season, Melnyk also extended that window and put something of a timer on that ultimate goal. "We think that we have all the core group in place," Melnyk said on a conference call Monday. "I think if we were on the same trajectory as we have been over the last few years, that its ultimately going to lead to a championship-type team." Murray, who was given the additional title of president of hockey operations, agreed to serve as an adviser for two seasons after his tenure as general manager is up. After building this group over the past six-plus seasons, he hopes not to have to wait too long for a title. "I think obviously the objective is to do it when Im here as a general manager," Murray said. "The core we have is a very good core, its young." And Murray knows that inexperience can lead to growing pains. The Senators struggled for much of the first half of this season, going 14-17-7 before a recent run put them within two points of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Success made working out an extension for Murray easier because Melnyk wanted to negotiate during an "upswing" and "ensure that nobody ever would think that this was some kind of knee-jerk reaction to what was not an optimal beginning to the season." The timing seemingly had more to do with the departure of assistant GM Tim Murray, Bryans nephew, who was hired as the Buffalo Sabres head man last week. In addition to extending Murray, the Senators promoted Pierre Dorion and Randy Lee to assistant general managers. Dorion, who was already in charge of scouting and drafting, takes on contract-negotiation duties, while Lee, who was in charge of player development, also becomes GM of Ottawas AHL affiliate in Binghamton. "Its a great day for all of us going forward," Murray said. More moves could be coming down the line to bolster the hockey operations department, though not on the management side. Murray said the Senators could perhaps use "another set of eyes" in the scouting department. "We lost a pretty good evaluator in Tim, so do we have enough?" Murray said. "I believe we do for now. If we have to do something in the future because of other coverage, then well address it at that time." For now, Murray can go about his job with some extra security. Hes considering moves before the trade deadline to bolster Ottawas playoff hopes, and he and his assistants will have some work to do on current contracts. "We understand that weve got about five players that are important parts of the present team that we have to make a decision on and do a contract for," he said. "Were kind of setting ourselves up to do that." Winger Milan Michalek and defenceman Chris Phillips are set to be unrestricted free agents this summer, while goaltender Robin Lehner will be a restricted free agent. Captain Jason Spezza, winger Bobby Ryan and defenceman Marc Methot are up in the summer of 2015. "As we go forward over the next few months well make contact with the agents and see in a couple cases if we can extend them," Murray said without naming names. "A couple of them we have to wait until July 1. But internally were making those decisions and well be in the best possible position, I believe to do (it), and then it will be up to the players agent to deal with us." Spezza and Ryans deals end a year before Murrays. Melnyk and Murray have discussed potential succession plans, but Monday wasnt the time they wanted to discuss that inevitability. "We just have to now kind of over the next little while evaluate people and decide what may happen," Murray said. "But thats a little ways down the road, and I hope we have a lot of success between now and that decision being made." Kyle Walker Jersey . Tortorella told The Vancouver Province hell be cheering for Team Sweden to win gold when they take on the defending Olympic champions on Sunday morning. "I hope Sweden wins, cause I dont think Hammer (Dan Hamhuis) is going to play, judging by whats happened. Ashley Young Jersey . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. http://www.englandsoccerpro.com/Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-England-Jersey/ . Johns, N.L., to Thunder Bay, Ont., after a deal was announced to build a new $106-million "event centre" in the Lake Superior community.AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- With interim coach John Loyer hoarsely shouting instructions, Brandon Jennings and the Detroit Pistons ran away from the San Antonio Spurs in the third quarter. Jennings finished with 21 points, and the Pistons beat San Antonio 109-100 on Monday night in Loyers first game at the helm. Detroit abruptly fired Maurice Cheeks on Sunday after only 50 games as coach, but although theyve been unimpressive for the most part this season, the Pistons have played better lately. The comfortable win over the Spurs was Detroits fifth in seven games. "I told them it was going to be an emotional day," Loyer said. "I told them I thought we can play, collectively, for longer periods of time better than we have." Rodney Stuckey scored 20 points for the Pistons, and Greg Monroe added 15 points and 10 rebounds. Marco Belinelli led the Spurs with 20 points. Detroit pulled even with Charlotte for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, and the Pistons have shown flashes recently of the potential they thought theyd have this season. After signing Josh Smith and trading for Jennings in the off-season, Detroit is barely ahead of last seasons pace in terms of wins and losses. Jennings has been terrific lately, though. After scoring 35 points with 12 assists Saturday against Denver, he orchestrated another strong offensive effort Monday. San Antonio, meanwhile, turned the ball over eight times in the third quarter, when Detroit pushed its lead from 11 to 20. The Spurs finished with 19 turnovers, giving the Pistons all the help they would need. "We lost the game because we probably played the worst defence weve played all season, especially in the first half," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. "We didnt bring it mentally or physically, and the Pistons did." Loyers sideline demeanour was quite a change from Cheeks more calm approach. At one point, Loyer came all the way across midcourt to give instructions as the PPistons were trying to hold on. Harry Maguire Jersey. "Theyre both two different coaches," Jennings said. "One is loud, the other one is kind of laid back. Theyre both great guys -- especially Cheeks. Hes like a father figure to me, so hes definitely going to be missed. But this is the NBA, so I know how that goes." The Pistons went on a 12-2 run in the third to take a 73-52 lead, then added a few more highlights later in that quarter. Smith threw down a one-handed dunk after a turnover by San Antonio, and Jennings made a layup after Detroits Andre Drummond blocked Aron Baynes shot emphatically off the glass. Jennings missed from the perimeter, then stole the ball near midcourt and went in for a three-point play to make it 84-62. "I told the guys today, just when we were in the locker room, Im so proud of them," Loyer said. "I only thought there was about a three-minute period where they showed more energy, more determination than us. You show determination, hustle for 45 of the 48 minutes, youre going to be pretty successful most nights." San Antonio is in the midst of a nine-game road swing. Belinelli was back after dealing with back spasms, but the Spurs were without Manu Ginobili (left hamstring) and Kawhi Leonard (right hand). The Pistons went on a 15-4 run in the second quarter, capped by a 3-pointer by Jennings that put them ahead 57-45. "They played hard," San Antonios Danny Green said. "They wanted to play with some passion and they got loose balls." NOTES: The Pistons have won five straight at home after starting 7-15 at The Palace. ... After Cheeks firing, Popovich was asked about the key to his longevity with the Spurs. "I have information on everybody," he joked. "And Ive threatened everybody Ill let it out unless they keep me as long as I want to stay." ... Ginobili has joined the Spurs on this road trip, but hes not expected to play until after the All-Star break. Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Stitched Jerseys NFL T-shirts From China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. [url=http://www.juventusfcshop.com/Women-Mario-Mandzukic-Juventus-Fc-Jer sey/]Mario Mandzukic Juventus Jersey[
ST. [url=http://www.bruinshockeypro.com/]Boston Bruins Gear[/url] . LOUIS - Austin Davis has made the most of his improbable sho

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz