Mike Vrabel can’t remember

#1 von laiyongcai92 , 30.05.2019 09:47

NASHVILLE Womens Austin Johnson Jersey , Tenn. (AP) — Mike Vrabel can’t remember a game where he didn’t have butterflies in his stomach before kickoff. As a linebacker over 14 seasons, he could get rid of them with a crunching tackle.He won’t have that luxury Sunday in Miami making his NFL regular season head coaching debut with the Tennessee Titans.“I don’t think I’ll need any hits from the team,” Vrabel said Thursday. “We all just stay composed and do our jobs. That’s the most important thing.”Not much is expected from the Titans this season with the coaching change despite Tennessee winning its first playoff game in 14 years with back-to-back 9-7 seasons . Vrabel has three Super Bowl rings as a linebacker with New England , and the coach who frequently picks up a blocking pad and works with the Titans in practices has made it very clear what he wants.Three-time Pro Bowl tight end Delanie Walker said Vrabel doesn’t care what people say outside of the locker room or about Tennessee’s winless preseason. Vrabel’s focus has been preparing the Titans for the regular season, and Walker said the coach has been tough on them.“He’s the type of guy he challenges you every day with questions asking you, ‘What’s the defensive players’ names? What’s their numbers?’ And I think that’s just to see how we’ve been preparing,” Walker said. “I’m excited to see how he is when we get down there in Miami and get the game started.”Defensive lineman Jurrell Casey, another defensive lineman, thinks Vrabel’s attitude of pushing everyone will help the Titans achieve more. Casey sees Vrabel creating a mindset that everyone has to bring more. Even on the practice field, the Titans are expected to jog between drills with Vrabel usually leading the way.“That’s what I love about him,” Casey said. “He’s expecting a lot from everybody. The stars, he’s expecting more, and the young guy he’s expecting you to rise up and become stars.”The Titans currently have a five-game winning streak in their first road game of the season, which started in 2013 with Mike Munchak.Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Mularkey kept that streak alive, wins that didn’t deliver nearly enough to keep either man around very long.Now it’s Vrabel’s turn with the Titans gambling that the man long pegged as the next surefire success as an NFL head coach succeeds in Tennessee. Defensive coordinator Dean Pees, who came out of a short retirement to come to Tennessee, says Vrabel has been a professional as a player, assistant and coordinator. He expects nothing less now Vrabel is a head coach.Nerves are part of the job even for experienced coaches like himself, according to Pees who’s going into his 46th NFL season.“If you haven’t got a little something churning in your stomach, I think it’s probably something wrong with you Derrick Henry Jersey ,” Pees said. “You’re not very competitive. So it’s going to be exciting for him, and I’m excited to watch him too.”A handful of Titans made clear that whatever happens on the field falls on their shoulders.Walker said Vrabel and the assistants he brought in have been great, but they can only put the Titans in position to execute. Veteran linebacker Wesley Woodyard said the players can help minimize any growing pains by winning on game day for a man who played for a great coach in New England’s Bill Belichick.“It seems like he’s a little bit more experienced than a first-time head coach,” Woodyard said.NOTES: Rookie LB Harold Landry (ankle) did not practice Thursday after being limited Wednesday. S Kendrick Lewis (foot) missed a second straight practice. RT Jack Conklin (left knee) and LB Rashaan Evans (hamstring) were limited. LB Derrick Morgan (knee) practiced fully after being limited Wednesday. The 2019 NFL draft is deep at cornerback, but there’s yet to be a clear-cut consensus on this year’s top prospect at the position.You’d be to wise to include Michigan State’s Justin Layne when..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Tennessee Titans PodcastIntroducing Justin Layne, Michigan State’s speedy cornerback prospectNew,3commentsCDTShareTweetShareShareIntroducing Justin Layne, Michigan State’s speedy cornerback prospectMike Carter-USA TODAY SportsThe 2019 NFL draft is deep at cornerback, but there’s yet to be a clear-cut consensus on this year’s top prospect at the position.You’d be to wise to include Michigan State’s Justin Layne when having the discussion.A well-rounded prospect with length and speed in bunches, Layne spoke exclusively with MCM about playing both offense and defense for the Spartans, how he covers a bigger receiver differently from a speedier one, and one area he’d love to improve in next season.JM: You came to Michigan State as a wide receiver and eventually made the transition to cornerback. You actually played some receiver again in 2018 due to some injuries at the position. Was it tough to jump back and forth like that?JL: I didn’t find it difficult at all. I played both positions in high school at the same time. I was used to being a two way player. Honestly people try to make it more complicated than it actually is. It’s something I’ve been doing my whole life. I didn’t find it difficult at all. I was happy to help the team out however they needed me too.JM: What was the hardest part about it?JL: I would probably point to learning everything backwards. You’re backpeddling now. As a receiver, you’re obviously going forward. That’s what you’re doing when you play receiver. You’re not worrying about backpeddling. That’s really the biggest difference. You’re learning things backwards now (laughs).JM: How does your experience playing receiver make you a better cornerback?JL: It taught me a lot about anticipation. I have a great feel for what a receiver is gonna do before he actually does it. It allows me to be instinctive. I have a great feel for the routes before they develop. I usually know which way a guy is gonna run before he even starts heading in that direction. I credit that to my background as a receiver.JM: How do you cover a smaller, speedier receiver differently than you may a bigger, more physical receiver?JL: You have to be more patient with a speedy guy. It takes a lot of patience at the line of scrimmage. With the bigger guys, I try to jam them up. You have to be physical with them at the line and you can’t let them get their hands on you. I definitely have to be patient with the speedy guy though. I probably won’t press him as much. I’ll probably just try to cut him off or something. Patience is the key with those shifty guys.JM: Is there one area or category that you’d like to see your game improve in next season?JL: I wanna be a better all around player next season. There’s always room for improvement. I would like to finish next season with more interceptions than I did a year ago. I had 15 pass break-ups and one interception last season. I’d like to convert some of those pass break-ups into more takeaways. Takeaways are so valuable at the next level. There’s always something you can work on. You can never be satisfied with your game. It’s never a finished product. I can improve all over the field.JM: When you look back on your collegiate career 10 years from now, what do you think being a Spartan will have meant to you?JL: We’re a brotherhood. I’ll never forget my time there and the relationships that were created. Being a Spartan means you’re a warrior. That’s exactly what we were. A whole bunch of warrios bound together by one common goal. We always put the team before the individual. We don’t have individual goals. Being a Spartan means earning everything. We didn’t have anything handed to us. We’re used to going out and earning it. I always went out there and respected the tradition and the logo.JM: I don’t know if you watch much TV but if you, what was the last Netflix series you binge watched?JL: Ohhh that’s a good question. I’d probably have to go with How to Get Away with Murder. I love that show. I binge watched that one for sure. I’m watching The Umbrella Academy right now. That show is wild. It’s really good. I highly recommend it. I’m enjoying that right now.JM: In closing, why should a team invest one of their draft picks into Justin Layne?JL: You’re getting a lockdown corner when you draft me. I’m an athletic guy that can really thrive at the next level. You’re getting a cornerback that’s coming to work every day with the mentality that I’m going to get better.

laiyongcai92  
laiyongcai92

Former offensive line coach Tom Cable’s firing
Report: Eric Reid

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz