t Arizona up 3-2. The 12-play, 78-yard dr

#1 von elaine95 , 06.08.2019 08:30

RENTON Chris Lindstrom Jersey , Wash. (AP) — Seahawks coach Pete Carroll wanted to be talking about football matters — Seattle’s recommitment to the run game, the addition of two new coordinators, almost anything to do with what happens between the lines.Instead, the league’s oldest coach has spent the past few days processing and discussing the league’s new mandate that players on the field stand for the national anthem. Carroll, his players and those around the NFL are now trying to figure out how to tackle the polarizing topic in the locker room.“We’re going to have to deal with that,” Carroll said. “I was kind of liking the way it was going and so now it’s kind of taken out of the control from the coach and the players and the locker room to a certain extent, so we’re going to have to deal with that. In time, we’ll figure it out.”Players from Seattle, Buffalo, Denver and New Orleans were among those grappling with how to move forward following the league’s announcement Wednesday of a new national anthem policy, which will fine teams if players on the field are not standing for the anthem. Players wishing to continue demonstrations like the kneeling movement sparked by Colin Kaepernick to protest social injustice will be allowed to remain in the locker room during the anthem.Seattle’s Doug Baldwin had the most striking comments, directed at both the league and President Donald Trump after his remarks to “Fox & Friends” on Thursday saying “maybe you shouldn’t be in the country” if you don’t stand for the anthem.“He’s an idiot. Plain and simple,” Baldwin said. “I respect the man because he’s a human being first and foremost, but he’s just being divisive, which is not surprising. It is what it is. But for him to say anybody who doesn’t follow his viewpoints or his constituents viewpoints should be kicked out of the country is not very empathetic. It’s not very American like, actually, to me. It’s not very patriotic. It’s not what this country was founded upon. It’s kind of ironic to me the President of the United States is contradicting what our country is really built on.”Even normally reserved Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson agreed with the sentiment that the owners’ decision was a message to players to essentially be quiet.“Pretty much. I think that’s part of it. It seems that way http://www.falconscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-kaleb-mcgary-jersey ,” Wilson said. “But I think a policy right or wrong is not going to fix our problems.”The new policy allows teams to adopt their own workplace rules, which many players interpreted as a backhanded way of subjecting them to fines, suspensions or loss of jobs should they carry on with the protests.Players are also frustrated the league didn’t consult with the players’ association before announcing the policy.“I mean, they weren’t ever going to engage us anyway. When you really think about it, why would we have a say-so?” Denver linebacker Brandon Marshall said. “I think they should have, right, but I guess they don’t look at us like that, to have a say-so or input in this policy.”Others around the league didn’t see the policy as a potential issue.“I’m really not too worried about it. I would expect that everybody’s gonna be out there with their hand over their heart, showing respect to the flag and to the country,” New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees said.But teammate Demario Davis had mixed emotions about the policy. His father served in the military, but he also understands why players have been protesting.“I just think that when you love something — you care about it — you want to work to get it right. I love my children. When they do wrong things, I’m going to let them know they’re doing wrong things. I’m not just going to sweep it under the rug because I love them,” Davis said.“I think that’s the difference between patriotism and nationalism. Nationalism is loving your country just to love it, you know, even when it’s right or wrong, you’re going to take the side of your country. Patriotism is loving it enough to sacrifice for it, but also to call it (out) when it’s wrong.“The people who are speaking up for the people who are hurting have a deep love and devotion for our country. That’s kind of gotten misconstrued at times. But it’s important for people to understand that.”The decision by the owners was an attempt to quell a firestorm by moving protests away from the public eye and potentially lure back disgruntled fans. But in the process they may have disgruntled their employees and rekindled what appeared to be an issue that was dying down.“With this policy Kendall Sheffield Jersey , with the inflammatory statement that Roger Goodell put out (Wednesday) again you opened the door for response and again to my point earlier, I think they missed it on that one,” Baldwin said.——AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Stapleton and AP Sports Writer Brett Martel contributed to this report. GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Rookie Josh Rosen came into the huddle to start Arizona’s final drive with a few choice words.“We’re going to win this (expletive) game,” he said.And the Cardinals did just that.Rosen threw a 9-yard touchdown pass to fellow rookie Christian Kirk with 34 seconds to play to rally the Arizona Cardinals to an 18-15 victory over the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday in a matchup of teams with two of the worst records in the NFL.“That was a lot of fun,” Rosen said. “That’s why sports are fun.”The Cardinals, winners at home for the first time under first-year coach Steve Wilks, beat San Francisco for the eighth straight time and second time in three weeks.“Our defense gave us a very good chance to win that, giving us three turnovers and getting us a 12-point lead,” San Francisco coach Kyle Shanahan said. “We didn’t capitalize on them enough for touchdowns and we didn’t make the plays at the end when we needed to.”Arizona (2-6) got two fourth-quarter touchdown passes from Rosen after the 49ers (1-7) had built a 15-3 lead.Rosen’s 13-yard pass to Larry Fitzgerald cut the lead to 15-10 with 11:06 to play. Fitzgerald also caught a 2-point conversion pass after Kirk’s TD.Fitzgerald, in his 15th NFL season, caught eight passes for 102 yards, his best game of the season. He had four catches for 81 yards in the fourth quarter and the crowd chanted “LAR-RY, LAR-RY.”“I threw him the ball and he caught it, whether it was a good ball or a bad ball,” Rosen said. “That’s why he’s a first-ballot Hall of Famer. I’m going to be telling my kids one day that I got to throw to him.”Fitzgerald even spiked the football after the 2-point catch, something he said he’d never done before.“We don’t spike the ball in our house http://www.falconscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-john-cominsky-jersey ,” Wilks said, “but I’ll let that one slide. I think he got carried away.”Fitzgerald joked that he’d been upset because his oldest son had chosen to go to the state fair instead of the game.C.J. Beathard connected with Marquise Goodwin on a 55-yard play for the 49ers’ only touchdown.San Francisco was slogging along with a 5-3 lead before Goodwin beat Patrick Peterson and took a short pass over the middle, then raced to the end zone to make it 12-3 in the third quarter. Robbie Gould’s second field goal of the game, from 20 yards, boosted the lead to 15-3.San Francisco appeared to get a critical turnover with 4:44 to play, needing a coach’s challenge to get it. Arizona tight end Jermaine Gresham fumbled along the sideline and the 49ers’ Fred Warner recovered at the San Francisco 31. Officials initially ruled a 49er touched the ball while out of bounds, but the 49ers challenged and replays showed the player tried but failed to touch it.But the Niners couldn’t move the ball and Arizona went 73 yards in 12 plays for the winning score, using 1:42.The two TD drives came under the direction of new offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich, who was promoted from quarterbacks coach after Mike McCoy was fired.“We really didn’t change much in the offense,” Rosen said. “One thing I think Byron’s really good with is just his demeanor. …He’s got really good timing with a lot of his play calls. He’s got that poise. He’s a steadying force. It wasn’t a pretty one by any means, but baby steps here.”San Francisco scored first when, backed up deep in Arizona territory, Rosen was called for intentional grounding in the end zone. The resulting safety made it 2-0.The only real scoring drive of the first half resulted in Dawson’s 31-yard field goal that put Arizona up 3-2. The 12-play, 78-yard drive was kept alive by a third-down pass interference penalty on Reuben Foster.The only turnover of the first half set up San Francisco’s go-ahead field goal. Jaquiski Tartt stepped in front of intended receiver Kirk and intercepted Rosen’s pass, returning it 21 yards to the Cardinals 12. But the 49ers couldn’t move the ball andGould’s 27-yard field goal put San Francisco ahead 5-3.FITZ HITS 112Fitzgerald’s 112th career touchdown catch moves him past Tony Gonzalez alone into seventh on the NFL career list. He’s caught a TD pass in each of his last two games after getting none the first six games of the season. He needs three to tie Antonio Gates for sixth.INJURIESThe already beat-up 49ers lost two important defensive players.Foster left early with a hamstring injury. Tartt was knocked out with a shoulder injury.49ers defensive back Amare Exum Jr. left in the fourth quarter with a head injury.UP NEXT49ers: host Oakland on Thursday night.Cardinals: have bye week, play at Kansas City on Nov. 11.

elaine95  
elaine95

HANGOVERThe Bengals’ 28-21 loss to Pittsburgh wipe
career yards passing, 98 touchdowns and 82 interc

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz